Newcommers Forums Choosing the right van Convert or buy finished? Reply To: Convert or buy finished?

• Tomas

Administrator
    August 28, 2023 at 10:44

Hi there Richard!

Oh well, that’s a big decision indeed. There’s many things that go into that choice, so let’s try to break it up.

1. First of all, do you enjoy working with your hands? Do you enjoy building, tinkering and mending stuff? If you don’t love that, then the journey will be that much harder building one yourself.

2. Do you have the $ to buy an already converted van, in good shape, build properly? Yeah, that’s tricky as they can go for very varying amounts, but you’d probably look at 10k at the very very least.

I’d always recommend building your own if you can and have the drive to do it. It rewards you hugely knowing that you actually build everything, and since you build it, you know how to fix pretty much anything. It’s SO satisfying. But it takes time, hard work, and some serious patience.

I believe we should choose the problems we want to have. Problems and challenges are part of life, but we can try to pick the challenges that we want to face. Is the problem/challenge of researching and building your own van, a challenge that get’s you excited? Or perhaps you’re more interested in the problem of saving up to buy one that’s ready to hit the road?

Whichever way you go, I think our course/e-book will help ya, and it’s free! 👉🏼 https://thevancode.com/guides/the-van-code/

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  Tomas.